Friday, August 12, 2011

Another Sorbetto top

Another Sorbetto top

After I made my first Sorbetto top, I had planned other versions but we haven't had much sun in Paris this summer. So by the time I got down to making a second one, I had all but forgotten the design elements I had wanted to incorporate.

Another Sorbetto top

I had envisioned converting the original pattern to a racer back, but the only thing I did differently was curve the armholes in a little bit, add length in the body, and leave out the front pleat. I cut out a small pocket for the front but ultimately decided to leave it out since it was lost in the floral pattern of the fabric. I had wanted to make a curved hem but by the time I got to it, I forgot and cut a regular hem! I guess I was in a hurry to wear my new shirt before the sun disappeared!

Another Sorbetto top

Thanks to my husband for taking the photos.

4 comments:

  1. Love the last photo. So adorable! Love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this top turned out. It will look great with a cardigan in the fall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!~ Your fabric looks great!! Here's a tutorial for the racer back in a knit if you decide to try changing it up.... http://www.noodle-head.com/2011/07/racerback-tank-tutorial-sewing-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks excellent! The extra length really works with this pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete