Friday, July 1, 2011

Salmon cakes

Salmon cakes
Salmon cakes with a yogurt-mayo-dill sauce, lemony spinach and pan-fried garlic potatoes.

Before I forget, here's what I did:
  • Mix cooked salmon, minced onion, minced garlic, lemon zest and juice, mayo, fresh dill and ground pepper together in a bowl. I also happened to have some sweet relish in the fridge so I put some in but capers or minced pickles with a pinch of sugar would taste equally good.
  • Add a lightly beaten egg. Mix.
  • Shape cakes with hands, coat with bread crumbs (I was out of panko), and fry in batches till golden brown on both sides.
  • For the sauce, mix yogurt, mayo, fresh dill, a wee bit of relish and harissa. Season with salt.
Enjoy with a nice glass of white wine from the Loire Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment